Jed J. Borghei has dedicated his career to representing clients unfairly injured by contamination. Jed, along with founding partner Todd Robins, established Robins Borghei LLP to help public water providers hold accountable those responsible for polluting their water supplies.
Jed serves as co-lead plaintiffs’ counsel representing over twenty public water suppliers in the ongoing California statewide coordinated TCP products liability litigation against the manufacturers of TCP-containing fumigants. Jed has also been at the forefront of developing a successful model for litigating nitrate contamination cases on behalf of water suppliers. As a result of Jed’s innovative representation of his clients, he has been invited to be a guest lecturer on groundwater law at Stanford University Law School and UC Berkeley Boalt Hall School of Law.
Jed is committed to serving his clients as a trusted legal advisor. As one City Manager whose case Robins Borghei LLP successfully resolved stated, Jed and Todd “are a real credit to their profession, and we could not have done it without their expert knowledge and services. They truly went beyond what other attorneys would provide.”
Prior to founding Robins Borghei LLP, Jed had the privilege of serving as Counsel to the Presidential Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, where he investigated the response of government and industry to the 2010 Gulf Oil Spill and drafted portions of the final Commission report that was presented to the President of the United States.
Jed lives in San Francisco with his wife and daughter, and when he’s not practicing law or spending time with his family, he enjoys playing softball, surfing, and cycling.
- Graduated magna cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center and was elected to membership in the Order of the Coif
- Received his M.A. in Philosophy from the City University of New York Graduate Center
- Received his B.A. in Philosophy from the College of William and Mary
- Founded Robins Borghei LLP with partner Todd Robins in 2013
- Previously served as an associate attorney at Sher Leff LLP in San Francisco and Baron & Budd P.C., in Dallas and Los Angeles
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, United States District Court for the Eastern District of California and United States District Court for the Central District of California